1/2 Photos of Cream of Broccoli Soup
I found this in the Easy Cooking card collection that I have. I have fixed it once, and loved it, then proceeded to forget about it. Since discovering Recipezaar, I have been culling through all the cooking info, recipes etc that I have and came across this again. So, here it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, mix and bring to boil broth and soup.
- 2When it is boiling, add broccoli and bring to second boil.
- 3Reduce heat.
- 4Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until broccoli is cooked.
- 5In medium skillet, heat butter and sautee onions for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 6Add the flour and cook for about 1 minute longer. If necessary, use whisk to remove lumps.
- 7Slowly stir milk into flour mixture in skillet.
- 8Cook, until thickened, stirring constantly. It will take about 5 minutes, then add salt and pepper.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Stir milk mixture into broccoli mixture and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- 11Stir frequently.
- 12Ladle into bowls and top with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 1170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g