1/1 Photo of Cream of Broccoli Soup
this is really good! sometimes I like to puree some broccoli and have chunks as well..and use cubed, boiled potatoes instead of shredded..choice is up to you..I also like a little bit of "heat" in the seasoning..so I might add a couple dashes of hot sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups shredded raw potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 1fry bacon in deep skillet.remove slices, drain and reserve.
- 2Add to the bacon fat, onions, potatoes, salt and boiling water.cover and simmer about 15 minutes.
- 3Last 5 minutes, add the broccoli that has been pureed with the cup of water in the blender.
- 4Melt butter and cook till thickened .add to broccoli mixture and heat.
- 5Add pepper and accent.
- 6crumble bacon in fine pieces.
- 7Can be added to soup or sprinkled on top for garnish.
- 8may use 6 medium potatoes for the shredded potatoes --
- 9takes about a cup of fresh broccoli.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.2
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 1071.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: