I ate some cream of broccoli soup somewhere then came home and made this up. You can substitute grated cheddar if you are a purest. We are Velveeta kind of people.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop broccoli in small pieces.
- 2Put broccoli, onion and celery in small saucepan.
- 3Add 1/2 water-cook slowly about 3 minutes.
- 4Drain water.
- 5Put Velveeta on broccoli mix,to let melt.
- 6To make white sauce-----------.
- 7Melt butter in skillet.
- 8Add flour and stir.
- 9Raise heat.
- 10Add milk til desired consistency.
- 11Pour broccoli mix and white sauce together.
- 12Simmer on low a few minutes and serve.
- 13Sometimes I add a couple tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.0 mg
- Sodium 200.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: