- 2 heads broccoli (cut up)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken base (bouilion)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 12 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper
- 7 cups milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup processed cheese, velveeta (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer butter, chicken base, salt& pepper,flour and onions until brown, (called a Rue).
- Add both milks; cook on medium heat.
- Cook until rich and thickened.
- Stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli pieces.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add cheese if you wish, I prefer the cheese some don't.