1/3 Photos of Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup
A very thick, traditional soup made with fresh broccoli and 2% milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot over medium heat, cook the onions in the margarine until soft.
- 2Stir in the flour and cook (but do not brown) for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 3Whisk in the milk, reduce heat and stir occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, chop the broccoli florets into small pieces, place in a small saucepan with the broth (or water) and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until tender (about 6-8 minutes).
- 5As the milk mixture thickens, stir in the slices of American cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6When the broccoli is tender, add it (including the cooking liquid) to the thickened cheese mixture. Stir well to combine and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.8
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 826.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 21.1 g