Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy and filling soup. This came from Saving Dinner - one of my favorite cookbooks.
Make and share this Cream of Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in soup pot and add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add broccoli and chicken broth and cook until tender.
- Add mashed potatoes & mix thoroughly. Heat for 5 minute.
- Add milk and heat some more.
- Add cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: I like to add cream cheese, sour cream, and onion salt to my mashed potatoes. This makes them so yummy!
Very easy and a great use for the bit of leftover mashed potatoes you may have. I loved how the potstoes and cheese thickened the soup just right. The recipe really rides on how good and well-seasoned your mashed potatoes are. I use garlic, butter, sour cream, s & p in mine. I wouldn't use instant mashed for this recipe. Thanx for a yummy soup!
I tried making this soup without a recipe, but using an instant cream of potato soup mix and the potatoes pieces were hard like rocks, ruined the soup, so I'm going to try this recipe, thank you!