Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A recipe I found in my collection of cuttings from magazines. I'm posting it here for safe-keeping to try later, since I need to get rid of all these piles of papers I've collected over the last year. According to the magazine description, this is a light soup with light chicken stock.
- Saute onion in butter till transparent.
- Add broccoli, saute for two minutes.
- Pour stock. Season.
- Let simmer for 50 minutes without over-boiling.
- Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes, adjust seasoning.
- Blend with a hand blender.
- Strain and serve hot in soup cups, topped with whipped cream and a pinch of chopped toasted almonds.