Recipe by Chef Kate
A lovely soup, quite nice when made with skim milk, very rich when made with whole milk, a splurge when made with cream.
Top Review by JohnRascal
Easy to prepare with minimum ingredients. Yummy is the word! Used heavy cream, and it was soo good. Didn't have chives so garnished with extra dill -- which definitely made the soup. A few croutons on top, and it was a meal! Will make again for sure.
- 2 Belgian endive, cored
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk (or skim milk or cream)
- salt and pepper
- chopped chives (to garnish)
- dill sprigs (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the endives, reserving a few small leaves for garnish.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and endives in the butter for 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Blend until smooth, using an immersion blender, or carefully transferring hot soup to blender and then back to pot.
- Add the milk, salt, and pepper and blend. Serve hot or cold.
- Garnish with chopped endive leaves, chives, and dill.