Recipe by Johnney
This soup has a unique taste of the Caribbean, Be sure to wear gloves when handling those Scotch-Bonnet's.
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon minced scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- red bell peppers or yellow bell pepper, cut in curlicues, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the bananas and cut them into pieces.
- Put the bananas and the chile through a food mill until pureed.
- Place the banana-chile puree, chicken stock, and water in a saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the heavy cream, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with the curlicues of red and yellow bell pepper for garnish.