Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the 1975 Lubbock Christian University Associates cookbook. (The contributed is Mrs. A.G. Thornton) It sounds like a unique soup and I plan to try it soon.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 avocado
- Mix milk, soup, tuna, lemon peel and seasonings in saucepan; heat but do not boil.
- Peel avocado and remove pit.
- Shred avocado into soup and heat.
- Pour into serving bowls; garnish with lemon slices.