Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is very yummy. Tastes like a cream soup but there is no cream. Very simple to make.
Make and share this Cream of Asparagus Soup (Without Cream) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut the tips off of 12 asparagus (1 1/2") and set aside.
- Discard cut bottom ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus stalks into 1" pieces.
- Cook onion and asparagus in oil in large fry pan over medium heat, stirring often till softened (I cover the pan).
- Pour this into large sauce pan.
- Add broth and simmer on low medium about 15-20 minutes.
- While soup simmers, cook reserved asparagus tips in boiling salted water until just tender (3-4 minutes).
- and drain.
- Puree soup in a blender (or hand blender) until smooth.
- Ladle into bowls and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with asparagus tips.
I have made thuis recipe for years. It was in the paper when we still lived in Milwaukee. However I do not throw out the asparagus bottoms, but simmer them in the chicken broth with a bay leaf while the rest is getting ready. I then use the strained broth to complete the recipe. it does make a difference Koechin
All this years i had thought that my mom's recipe for cream of Asparagus was the winner.... now that I do not have her near me, I picked your recipe from internet and it really amazed me how creamy and tasty can simple ingredients do for you!!!
Thank you for the lovely addition to my monthly routine for kids and adults!!!
I loved this even more knowing it has no cholesterol. I used vegi broth. Delicious and you would swear it has cream in it.