newfie wanna be's Note:
This soup is very yummy. Tastes like a cream soup but there is no cream. Very simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tips off of 12 asparagus (1 1/2") and set aside.
- 2Discard cut bottom ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus stalks into 1" pieces.
- 3Cook onion and asparagus in oil in large fry pan over medium heat, stirring often till softened (I cover the pan).
- 4Pour this into large sauce pan.
- 5Add broth and simmer on low medium about 15-20 minutes.
- 6While soup simmers, cook reserved asparagus tips in boiling salted water until just tender (3-4 minutes).
- 7and drain.
- 8Puree soup in a blender (or hand blender) until smooth.
- 9Ladle into bowls and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Garnish with asparagus tips.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Asparagus Soup (Without Cream)
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.3
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 644.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g