1/3 Photos of Cream of Asparagus Soup (vegan)
Carol Bullock's Note:
A creamy, yet low-fat soup. I have substituted all kinds of vegetables for the asparagus when making this - including broccoli, cauliflower and potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the asparagus (if using frozen, steam or microwave it a little first), reserving the tips.
- 2Put the asparagus, onion, garlic and broth in a large saucepan.
- 3Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4Put contents of saucepan into blender.
- 5Add the flour, soy milk, soy sauce and basil.
- 6Process until smooth.
- 7Return the soup to the saucepan and add the asparagus tips.
- 8Cook over medium heat until the soup thickens and is heated through.
- 9Season to taste with salt and fresh cracked pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Asparagus Soup (vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.1
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 599.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: