1/1 Photo of Cream of Asparagus Soup
An appealing-looking soup with a pleasing asparagus taste. Delicious hot or cold. From the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using fresh asparagus, wash stalks and cut off the coarse ends.
- 2Cook the asparagus in 2 cups boiling water until tender.
- 3Drain, reserving 1 cup of the water.
- 4Cut off the tips, chop them and reserve.
- 5Put the chicken stock, onion, and reserved water in a pan and bring to boil.
- 6Add the asparagus and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Put through a strainer or vegetable mill or puree in a food processor or an electric blender.
- 8Return to the pot and add the milk or cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Reheat and adjust the seasonings.
- 10Before serving, sprinkle with reserved chopped tips.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1079 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 161.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g