- Cook onion in butter until soft.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes.
- Gradually add stock, stirring.
- Add cream and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, add asparagus and nutmeg and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a food processor or blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is a delicious spring time treat. The only changes I made were to use white pepper and fat free half and half. I really enjoy the use of the wine in the recipe. This is a keeper!!
The wine in this soup gives it very good flavor. I added some fresh garlic. I followed the recipe except for I added the cream after the asparagus had simmered; I was afraid to add it before in case it would curdle. I pureed the soup with my hand blender. After I added the first cup of cream, I decided to omit the second cup or it would have been way too thin. I added about 2 oz of sharp white cheddar to help thicken it up. The nutmeg was a nice addition. I will definitely make this again; thanx for posting.