Top Review by Alleyjazz
This is a delicious spring time treat. The only changes I made were to use white pepper and fat free half and half. I really enjoy the use of the wine in the recipe. This is a keeper!!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken stock, cold
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups asparagus spears
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in butter until soft.
- Add flour and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes.
- Gradually add stock, stirring.
- Add cream and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, add asparagus and nutmeg and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a food processor or blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.