- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- 400 g asparagus, Chopped
- 500 ml hot chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegetarians)
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- fresh ground black pepper, to season
- sea salt, to season
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and fry for 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, season with the black pepper and salt and simmer for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixture to a blender along with the double cream and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl, with a garnish of black pepper.