A satisfying soup. Reheats well, too.
Make and share this Cream of Asparagus Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Put asparagus and stock into a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer until asparagus is very soft, about 10 to 15 minutes, Set aside 2 cups of the broth; keep warm.
- Puree asparagus and remaining broth in blender; return to pot and set aside.
- (I puree in batches) Melt butter in a medium heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add flour and cook stirring constantly with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in reserved warm broth.
- Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to pot with asparagus puree.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
- Slowly add half-n-half.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.