1/2 Photos of Cream of Asparagus Soup
A satisfying soup. Reheats well, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put asparagus and stock into a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and simmer until asparagus is very soft, about 10 to 15 minutes, Set aside 2 cups of the broth; keep warm.
- 3Puree asparagus and remaining broth in blender; return to pot and set aside.
- 4(I puree in batches) Melt butter in a medium heavy saucepan over low heat.
- 5Add flour and cook stirring constantly with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.
- 6Whisk in reserved warm broth.
- 7Increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 8Transfer to pot with asparagus puree.
- 9Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
- 10Slowly add half-n-half.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.2
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.0 mg
- Sodium 627.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: