Prep1 hr 25 mins
- In a large saucepan, saute the leeks in butter.
- Add broth, asparagus, potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth; return to pan.
- Add milk; cook over low heat until heated though.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
The Cream of Asparagus was smooth as silk. I followed the recipe exactly with one exception; I wanted to cut down the fat and calories normally associated with butter or margarine, so I used a brand of fat free in that "I can't believe" stuff. 5 calories and 0 fat per serving. Not bad at all! Everything else was to the letter and it worked just fine. There were no leftovers because everyone had second helpings. Good thing I set aside a bowl for my parents before it all disappeared! All I forgot was to sprinkle the parsley before taking the picture. Thanks for another great dish, FrooitLoop.
Very delicious! The soup was rich and creamy. I was a little worried that the asparagus taste might be too strong, but it was actually quite mild. I substituted one cup of white wine for one cup of chicken broth. I also used heavy cream instead of milk and added a tablespoon of honey for just a slight hint of sweetness. Served with shave romano cheese and some French bread. Mmmm....