Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My vegetarian husband had all 4 wisdom teeth out and was on liquids for several days. This was one of the recipes I threw together for him. The "dried herb mix" is a mix of dried herbs I keep handy in a spice grinder: rosemary, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, white pepper, sage, chives, marjoram, basil, oregano. Free free to use any of these you prefer to taste.
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 0 yellow onion
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml cream, optional for vegans
- 1 potato, peeled & diced
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2.46 ml mixed herbs, crushed dried
- kosher salt
- In one pot on medium heat, add 3 cups of water & stir in bouillon until dissolved.
- Bring soup pot to a boil, add potatoes and reduce heat to low boil.
- In a skillet or saute pan on medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic & onions.
- When onions are almost translucent, add the asparagus & herb mix and saute until just soft.
- Add the asparagus mixture to the soup pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend soup to desired consistency.
- If using a standalone blender, return pureed soup to pot and warm over low heat. If using an immersion blender in soup pot, feel free to skip this step.
- Gently stir in cream, if using.
- Add kosher salt to taste, or serve alongside soup in a salt cellar.
Excellent! I did use the optional cream (half and half) and it was just wonderful. I used my immersion blender to puree. My herb mixture was thyme, rosemary, basil and pepper. I garnished with cooked asparagus tips and shredded parmesan cheese. Thanx for posting this wonderful spring soup!