1/1 Photo of Cream of Asparagus Soup
My vegetarian husband had all 4 wisdom teeth out and was on liquids for several days. This was one of the recipes I threw together for him. The "dried herb mix" is a mix of dried herbs I keep handy in a spice grinder: rosemary, bay leaves, thyme, parsley, white pepper, sage, chives, marjoram, basil, oregano. Free free to use any of these you prefer to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In one pot on medium heat, add 3 cups of water & stir in bouillon until dissolved.
- 2Bring soup pot to a boil, add potatoes and reduce heat to low boil.
- 3In a skillet or saute pan on medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic & onions.
- 4When onions are almost translucent, add the asparagus & herb mix and saute until just soft.
- 5Add the asparagus mixture to the soup pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and blend soup to desired consistency.
- 7If using a standalone blender, return pureed soup to pot and warm over low heat. If using an immersion blender in soup pot, feel free to skip this step.
- 8Gently stir in cream, if using.
- 9Add kosher salt to taste, or serve alongside soup in a salt cellar.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 53.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes