1/2 Photos of Cream of Asparagus Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Based on a recipe from Michelle Garner’s cookbook, Quick French Cuisine. She says, “I adapted this from my aunt Cécille’s recipe. She would make large batches and freeze it.”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4-quart pan, melt butter.
- 2Add onion and cook just until soft and golden; do not brown.
- 3Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- 4Meanwhile, cut 3 inches of tips off asparagus and set aside.
- 5In food processor or blender or by hand, slice remaining asparagus into ¼-inch pieces.
- 6Drop pieces into boiling broth. Cover and simmer until very soft, about 30 minutes.
- 7Cool for 10 minutes, and then puree soup in blender or processor.
- 8Return soup to pan.
- 9Add asparagus tips and simmer until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- 10Stir in cream.
- 11Season with salt and pepper and a drop or two of lemon juice.
- 12Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 526.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g