1/1 Photo of Cream of Asparagus Soup
CHILI SPICE's Note:
How satisfying is a velvety cream soup on a cold day? here is a sure-to-please recipe that is simple and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and remove the tips from the asparagus. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the asparagus is barley tender. Rince under cold water. Drain and set aside. Cut the asparagus stalks into 1-inche pieces. set aside.
- 2Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan. Saute the onion and celery over medium heat until the onion is translucent (about 2-3 min.) add the uncooked asparagus stalks and the chicken or vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3Remove the pan from the heat and let soup cool! Using an emulsifer (hand-held "blender") or in batches in blender, blend until smooth.
- 4Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until blended. Slowly add the cream, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat and add the stock. Keep stirring until the soup has thickened. Do not let this boil! Just before serving add the reserved asparagus tips to heat through. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Garnish each serving with sour cream or a sprinkle of paprika.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Asparagus Soup
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.9
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 107.6 mg
- Sodium 630.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 13.7 g