1/1 Photo of Cream of Asparagus and Leek Soup
Art's Protege's Note:
This is my version of a recipe that I saw in the San Diego newspaper, but neglected to bring home with me. Try freezing the puree in smaller batches and adding the divided cream on those days when asparagus is out of season. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim green part of leeks and discard. Thoroughly wash white portion and finely chop. (I find it best to completely separate the layers.).
- 2In large pot, saute leek, onion, and celery in butter and add white wine to keep vegetables moist. (You can alternately do this with some of the chicken stock.).
- 3Add asparagus and 4 cups of the chicken stock. Season with pepper. Simmer for 1/2 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- 4Puree the soup in small batches adding the remainder of the stock.
- 5In another pot reheat (but not boil) the puree while whisking in the cream (or milk.).
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Asparagus and Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.4
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 318.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g