Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great soup for a cold winter night.
Make and share this Cream of Artichoke Soup with Bleu Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- black pepper
- white pepper
- red pepper
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- In large saucepan melt the butter.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the stock and vermouth then add 1 can of drained artichoke hearts.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Pour into blender and process until pureed.
- Return to saucepan and add the half and half, chopped artichokes and seasonings.
- Pour into soup bowls and sprinkle with Bleu Cheese.