Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
My dd's most favorite food in all the world is artichokes. Because of this we took an old recipe for another cream of veggie soup and revamped it for artichokes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 (14 ounce) jars artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a dutch oven, combine olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- stir until butter melts.
- saute onion and celery in oil mix until onion is translucent.
- stir in broth, artichokes, carrots, thyme, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- cover and cook about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- remove from heat.
- puree vegetables in batches in a food processor or blender.
- return to dutch oven.
- stir in half and half and cheese.
- serve warm.
I thought this was a great cream soup and it had the perfect amount of artichoke taste. I am trying it out on my church group and hope they like it as much as I do! Thanks for this addition to my recipe book!!
Yum! A really rich, creamy and warming soup that was perfect for a light meal on a winter night.
Aussie Swap #24 Recipenap: Delicious!! Did not change a thing - it is so filling and perfect for a winter's evening!