Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 28 ounces artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, white preferably
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- sour cream, to taste (optional)
- chives, to taste (optional)
- Into a blender or food processor add the artichoke hearts, egg, white wine and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Mix in flour, salt, and pepper stirring until well combined and lightly golden brown. Slowly add cream and milk, whisking until mixture begins to boil and thicken.
- Turn heat down and gradually add artichoke puree and chicken broth, stir well. Heat the soup adding more salt and pepper if needed. Serve hot with a dab of sour cream and chopped chives as a garnish.
The flavor seemed bland, so I added 1/4 cup onion and 3 garlic cloves to step 1. It had a good flavor and got rave reviews from my BFF's. Will make again.
5 stars all the way!! This soup is just fantastic!! Definitely comfort food!! The day I made it, I was not feeling good and wanted soup. This soup really made me feel better. It was easy to make I only pureed' one can of artichoke hearts. With the other can, I cut the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces and added them to the soup. I like having something to chew in soup that I make. I will definitely be making this soup again. Thanks for such a great recipe. Good luck in the contest.
We enjoyed this tasty soup for lunch today. The soup has a wonderful creamy texture. I added a little more seasoning than suggested - a little lemon-pepper, garlic powder, a little curry powder and some cayenne. Enjoyed this delicious soup along with some grilled cheese sandwiches.