Recipe by Miss Annie
Now you can make your own Cream soup base as an alternative to canned soups.
Top Review by Ladymedic
Beautiful! This solves all my dilemas with recipes that call for cream of mushroom soup, which due to allergies I can not eat, my new go too! I always have all this stuff in the house but do not always have cream soup! Thanks so much! Used it tonight for recipe 153173 Pork chops and gravy!
- 1⁄3 cup dry soup mix (mushroom, leek, onion, etc)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry chicken soup base or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 dash dried thyme
- 1 dash dried dill weed
- 1 dash celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry milk, cornstarch, soup base, onion flakes, thyme, dill and celery salt.
- For equivalent of 1 can cream of chicken soup combine and heat 1/3 cup dry mix and 1 1/4 cups water.
- For equivalent of 1 can cream of mushroom soup combine and heat 1/3 cup dry mix, 1 1/4 cups water, 2 ounces finely chopped mushroom pieces and 1 teaspoon salt.
- For equivalent of 1 can cream of celery soup combine and heat 1/3 cup dry mix, 1- 1/4 cups water and 1/8 cup celery flakes.