This recipe is from the R.S.V.P. section of a November 1985 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe was requested from the Green Mountain Inn in Stowe, Vermont.
- Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes- do not brown.
- Add squash, chicken stock and apple cider and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Puree mixture in processor or blender; strain into another saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Stir in cream and heat through;do not boil.
- Add curry powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with minced parsley and serve.
A perfect soup for the fall and winter months. It uses everyday ingredients and turns out so yummy. I used half and half instead of heavy cream and used a big "pinch" of curry powder. I had no parsley, so I garnished with fresh chives. Thanx for posting this!