1/1 Photo of Cream of Acorn Squash Soup
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This recipe is from the R.S.V.P. section of a November 1985 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe was requested from the Green Mountain Inn in Stowe, Vermont.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes- do not brown.
- 3Add squash, chicken stock and apple cider and simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4Puree mixture in processor or blender; strain into another saucepan and place over medium heat.
- 5Stir in cream and heat through;do not boil.
- 6Add curry powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with minced parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream of Acorn Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 244.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened apple cider