Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
This simple black pepper-spiked gravy is good with fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green peas. And, don't forget the biscuits!
- 1⁄4 cup chicken dripping (from frying the chicken)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (or Wondra)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- From the fry pan, after chicken has been cooked, pour off all but 1/4 cup oil.
- Stir in flour and cook, over medium heat, until flour is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth, cream and pepper.
- Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and serve with chicken.
Wow!!! I have searched for years for a simple gravy that I can use for everything, and that tastes amazing!!! The search is over!!! Thank you greg.