GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
This simple black pepper-spiked gravy is good with fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green peas. And, don't forget the biscuits!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1From the fry pan, after chicken has been cooked, pour off all but 1/4 cup oil.
- 2Stir in flour and cook, over medium heat, until flour is golden, about 2 minutes.
- 3Slowly whisk in broth, cream and pepper.
- 4Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- 5Season with salt and serve with chicken.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Gravy for Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 58.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: