Recipe by queenbeatrice
This is traditional french Canadian fudge recipe. I make it every Xmas and Easter. If I made it regularly, I would be the size of a house.
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 8 to 9 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add icing sugar and nuts and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into 9" X 9" pan.
- Cool about 15 minutes in refrigerator and cut into small squares.
- Let cool completly and remove from pan.