Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is traditional french Canadian fudge recipe. I make it every Xmas and Easter. If I made it regularly, I would be the size of a house.
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil 8 to 9 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add icing sugar and nuts and stir until well mixed.
- Pour into 9" X 9" pan.
- Cool about 15 minutes in refrigerator and cut into small squares.
- Let cool completly and remove from pan.
I tried this recipe but only half of it set properly, BF loved it anyways so will definately try it again and come back to rate. Does anyone have advice for this?
This recipe is very easy. It just takes a lot of stirring. My first batch is cooling now - but it looks and smells good!
Oh yeah! I was craving this but didn't want to spend the money, sure that making it would be cheaper. This recipe tastes perfect. I loved it and my Quebecois husband loved it too. Thank you!