Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
53 calories 1.8g from fat and 5.6g carbs. I use this for cream puffs, topping cakes and pies, etc. etc. ou can add different flavorings; lemon extract, almond...cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice
- 1 large eggs, beaten white or 1 large egg yolk, totally mixed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place egg in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine milk and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Gradually, stir with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir one-fourth of hot milk mixture into egg; add to remaining milk mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add splenda.
- Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a bowl; place plastic wrap on surface, and chill.