Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my favourite cream filling to use in chocolate cupcakes. Just fill in a pastry bag and pipe it into the cupcakes from the top, when they are cooled. Frost cupcakes as usual or just dig in!
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup shortening (softened)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch salt (if butter is unsalted)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening together until smooth.
- Blend in confectioners' sugar and pinch of salt (if butter is unsalted).
- Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Fill a pastry bag with a small tip.
- Push tip through top and fill each cupcake.
The kids really enjoyed this filling in chocolate cupcakes. I didn't try it myself as I am on the South Beach Diet, but if the kids are happy, I'm happy. Thx for sharing.