Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For sandwich cookies or whatever you want.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make the cream, place butter and shortening in a mixing bowl, and at low speed, gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla. Turn the mixer on high and beat for 2-3 minutes until filling is light and fluffy.
- To assemble cookies, in a pastry bag with a 1/2 inch, round tip, pipe teaspoon-size blobs of cream into the center of one cookie. Place another cookie, equal in size to the first, on top of the cream. Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie. Continue this process until all the cookies have been sandwiched with cream. Dunk generously in a large glass of milk.