Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Seafood Puffs...no, not the magic dragon
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups of cooked and flaked fish
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or more)
- Heat water and butter in a saucepan until boiling point.
- Then, blend in the flour.
- Beat the batter until it forms a paste and remove from heat when it starts to shape into a ball.
- Blend in flaked fish and add the eggs (one at a time) until you have a thick batter.
- Use teaspoons to form one inch balls.
- Place on a baking sheet for fifteen minutes at 400 degrees, then turn the heat down to 350 for another 15 minutes, until golden.
- Cool slightly.
- Whip cream and cayenne together until slighly stiff.
- Using a kitchen syringe, inject each puff with one teaspoon of spicy cream.