Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Taste of Home
Make and share this Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening, butter and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat in vanilla if desired.
- Gradually add the cornstarch mixture, beating until light and fluffy.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 inches deep in the top of each cupcake.
- Carefully remove tops and set aside.
- Spoon or pipe filling into cupcakes.
- Replace tops.