Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
This luscious dish can be made for breakfast or dessert. Sweet prepared crepes surround a rich cream filling and topped with a tart cherry sauce. Add dollops of whip topping and you've created something special in no time.
- 12 prepared crepes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 20 ounces frozen pitted cherries, thawed (Preferrably sour cherries)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 12 tablespoons whipped topping, thawed
- CREPES FILLING: Beat cream cheese and mascarpone with splenda until smooth.
- Drop heaping Tablespoon onto center of prepared crepe and roll like a burrito.
- Heat oil on medium heat and cook crepes for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- SAUCE: Bring cherries, sugar, cranberry juice and 1/3 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat stirring often.
- Stir 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into the boiling cherry mixture. Return to a boil stirring constantly.
- Cook until thickened (about 1 minute) Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Top cream filled crepes with Cherry Sauce and a dollop (1 Tbls) of Whipped Topping on each crepe.
5 Stars: Dee-lish! I used homemade crepes & fresh cherries for this recipe. I was tempted to add extra sugar as I didn't think it was going to be sweet enough. But we went ahead & made the cream as posted. I was delighted to find that the combination of the cream & the cherry sauce was plenty sweet. I used to have a favorite restaurant because of their berry crepes & now I am thrilled to find a recipe that is even better. Not to mention that I can make them at home rather than eating out. Thanks for your entry & good luck! Made, enjoyed & reviewed for RSC #12.