Recipe by Tonkcats
Rich chocolate, cake-like cookies with a creamy filling.
Top Review by Babydoll070409
we made the cookies from this recipe and filled them with a combination of marshmallow fluff, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar (filling from a diff cookie.) they tasted just like cakesters!!
we actually made a vanilla version of these.. added a little extra flour and left out cocoa powder. we amazing!!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (Crisco preferred)
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix together.
- Drop chocolate batter by teaspoons about 3-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- Beat filling ingredients together until creamy.
- Put the white filling between two cooled chocolate cookies like a sandwich, then wrap in plastic wrap.