Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Rich chocolate, cake-like cookies with a creamy filling.
Make and share this Cream-Filled Chocolate Cookies (Like Oreo Cakesters) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together into a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix together.
- Drop chocolate batter by teaspoons about 3-inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a cooling rack.
- Beat filling ingredients together until creamy.
- Put the white filling between two cooled chocolate cookies like a sandwich, then wrap in plastic wrap.
Made up only 1/2 recipe. I used a small ice cream scoop to make the cookies and they really turned out uniform to be matched later with the filling I cooked them 6 min. in my convection oven and they were perfect. They were especially good to me since they are not too sweet. Next time I will make up the full recipe and change the filling to 1/2 crisco/1/2 butter & a touch of vanilla. The children love them, not only because they are good, but they are individually packaged like a special treat. .
To say it in german: Man sind die lecker!!! (superawesome) Made a couple of theese today and earned a lot of wows and goshs... It's good to know how to make them on my own after the original Cakesters production has been discontinued right now. *sigh* Greetz from Germany!!!
we made the cookies from this recipe and filled them with a combination of marshmallow fluff, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar (filling from a diff cookie.) they tasted just like cakesters!!
we actually made a vanilla version of these.. added a little extra flour and left out cocoa powder. we amazing!!