Prep 3 hrs
Cook 14 mins
The hardest part about these impressive little tartlets is waiting for the dough to chill! Serve after a heavy meal, or as sweet after-thought on a dessert tray.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chip, for garnish (optional)
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for garnish (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar until creamy using an electric mixer on medium speed; scraping bowl often.
- Add the egg; blend well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt (whisked together first); stir until well mixed, about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap; chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Divide dough into 24 equal pieces; press 1 piece of dough into each cup of an ungreased muffin tin.
- Press the dough evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the cups.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until set.
- Cool completely in tin on a wire rack.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, whip the chilled cream and sugar in a chilled bowl until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes.
- Gently stir in the vanilla.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp.
- of the whipped cream into each shell; top with 1 mini chocolate chip and a dusting of cocoa powder, if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- *Theseare best the day they're made.