Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Banana and chocolate, nuts, and creamy yummy-ness!
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package banana cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cream Cheese Filling:.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, and egg in a small bowl and beat until smooth.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips, and set the filling aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 3 dozen muffin pan cups (2 1/2 inch) with liners.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoonful of the cream cheese filling into the center of each cupcake.
- Combine nuts and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle about 1 teaspoonful over top of each cupcake.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into cake portion comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.