A luscious old fashioned cake filling from the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. Enough filling for two 9-inch layers, 2 dozen cream puffs or eclairs, or a 9 inch pie. Cooking time is approximate and cooling time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the sugar, flour and salt together in a double boiler and add the hot milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- 2Cook until the mixture thickens.
- 3Pour a small amount over the eggs and mix thoroughly; add back into the first mixture and cook for two more minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and cool; add vanilla.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Custard Cake Filling
Serving Size: 1 (783 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1194.1
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 491.3 mg
- Sodium 961.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 203.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 151.2 g
- Protein 32.6 g