Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
My husband got this recipe from the Phil Donahue show years ago. It has become a great dish to serve for company because it's relatively quick to make and delicious to eat.
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 12 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 -3 tablespoon curry powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- Melt margarine in nonstick frying pan.
- Add chicken to pan, cover, cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Combine whipping cream with curry powder in small bowl, set aside.
- Turn chicken over, pour curry mix over chicken.
- Cover and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
This was a really great recipe. The chicken was so tender and moist and the house smelled soooo good while it was cooking!! I added a bit of cayenne as another reviewer suggested and also some turmeric. I also replaced the cream with 1/2 & 1/2 and added a little cornstarch to thicken. I will add an extra tbsp. of Curry powder next time because the cream of the recipe really covered the curry tast and made it pretty mild even with my spice additions. Made this way my little boy ate it as well over Jasmine rice. Thanks!
I serve a family dinner every Sunday between Xmas and Easter...I picked this recipe out to "test" on my family....they loved it
Loved this easy recipe made it last night and everyone came back for seconds only change I made was I used Oil instead of margarine.