Recipe by darthlaurie
This is a delicious Scottish dessert! I got the recipe from KUTV.com.
Top Review by rochsann
When my mother had her first bite of this dessert, she exclaimed, "Delicious!", and told me to make sure I "give that girl a nice review". So here it is: An excellent and impressive dessert that is super easy to make! My daughter thought it deserved a "fancier name" because we all agreed that it tasted fancy. The flavors complemented each other nicely, and we enjoyed the texture of the oats. FYI, using honey in the whipped cream makes it a less sweet dessert than using sugar. The many whipped cream lovers in my family liked the change. I halved the recipe, and it worked great. Thanks, darthlaurie, for another recipe that my family will definitely enjoy again!
- 3 cups raspberry pie filling or 3 cups raspberry preserves
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup toasted oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oatmeal in a small pan. Stir over low heat five minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- Whip cream in a small mixing bowl until soft peaks form.
- Add honey and beat just until combined. Fold cooled toasted oats into the cream mixture using a metal spoon.
- Layer the cream and raspberry in a dessert glasses, ending with the cream.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve sprinkled with toasted oats.