Recipe by Judy's Kitchen
Adapted from Austin American Statesman, still could use some tweaking, but the concept is sound. If you try it and make changes that make it better please post it. The recipe called for skim milk instead of the soy powder and water, but DH requires a non dairy diet.
- 1 cup stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons better than milk plain soy powder
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style sweet corn, plus enough water to measure 1 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir dry ingredients into mixing bowl, set aside.
- Combine sweet corn, water, eggs.
- Stir wet ingredients into cornmeal mixture.
- Put a few drops of canola oil into each muffin cup and heat in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Spoon an equal amount of the muffin mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges and top of muffins are just starting to turn brown.
- Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.