Judy's Kitchen's Note:
Adapted from Austin American Statesman, still could use some tweaking, but the concept is sound. If you try it and make changes that make it better please post it. The recipe called for skim milk instead of the soy powder and water, but DH requires a non dairy diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons better than milk plain soy powder
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style sweet corn, plus enough water to measure 1 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Stir dry ingredients into mixing bowl, set aside.
- 3Combine sweet corn, water, eggs.
- 4Stir wet ingredients into cornmeal mixture.
- 5Put a few drops of canola oil into each muffin cup and heat in the oven for 3 minutes.
- 6Spoon an equal amount of the muffin mixture into each cup.
- 7Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges and top of muffins are just starting to turn brown.
- 8Allow muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Corn Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.9
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 212.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: