Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe my Mom used to make when I was a child. I just recently remembered it and started making it for my family. They Love it!
- Peel and slice about 10 potatoes. Set potatoes aside in water to prevent browning.
- Fry meat until brown.
- Peel and dice onions; set aside.
- Grease a casserole dish or roaster with butter.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom.
- Place a layer of onion over top of potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the onion.
- Randomly place a layer of tiny cubes of butter.
- Next, place a layer of meat over the top.
- Continue in this manner until you have used up all the ingredients.
- Every second layer add about 1/8 cup of milk.
- Over the top place the cream corn.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2 hours.
- Usually I look to see if the milk is about 1/2 way up the casserole.
- I have made this in my slow cooker but you don't need as much milk as the liquid is maintained much better in the slow cooker . If you put in a lot of milk in it the casserole will be too wet.