Chef #313335's Note:
This is a recipe my Mom used to make when I was a child. I just recently remembered it and started making it for my family. They Love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice about 10 potatoes. Set potatoes aside in water to prevent browning.
- 2Fry meat until brown.
- 3Peel and dice onions; set aside.
- 4Grease a casserole dish or roaster with butter.
- 5Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom.
- 6Place a layer of onion over top of potatoes.
- 7Sprinkle salt and pepper over the onion.
- 8Randomly place a layer of tiny cubes of butter.
- 9Next, place a layer of meat over the top.
- 10Continue in this manner until you have used up all the ingredients.
- 11Every second layer add about 1/8 cup of milk.
- 12Over the top place the cream corn.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2 hours.
- 14Usually I look to see if the milk is about 1/2 way up the casserole.
- 15I have made this in my slow cooker but you don't need as much milk as the liquid is maintained much better in the slow cooker . If you put in a lot of milk in it the casserole will be too wet.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Corn Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.5
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 76.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g