Recipe by Pianolady
This is a delicious recipe adapted from "Better Homes & Gardens / Great Cooking For Two" This version can feed 4.
- 4 slices bacon, cut up
- 6 medium fresh ears of corn or 3 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk, if needed or desired,see recipe (OPTIONAL)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings in pan.
- Drain bacon and set aside.
- If using fresh corn, cut the corn from cobs, with a sharp knife, at 2/3 depth of the kernels-- do NOT scrape cob.
- Add the fresh or frozen corn, water, onion and pepper to the saucepan.
- Bring just to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, or until corn is crisp-tender.
- Add the cream cheese to the undrained corn mixture.
- Stir over low heat until melted.
- If necessary, stir in the milk to make corn mixture of desired consistency.
- Stir in reserved bacon and serve.