Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A holiday favorite in my house - another one of my grandma's recipes. I use the star pattern of a cookie press to make the wreaths. I shape them into circles then decorate them with sprinkles and candied red cherries which stands in for the bow. What's great about this recipe is that you can modify it to your likes, change the color or press out different cut outs such as trees. NOTE: When measuring out your flour make sure your flour is sifted first, then measure out 3 1/2 cups.
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- green food coloring
- candied red cherries (cut in half or quartered)
- candy sprinkles
- In a mixer beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla until smooth blending each ingredient before adding the next.
- If you are going to add color to the dough this is the stage to do it. Mix in your coloring to the desired tone.
- Add Flour and salt to the mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease the sheets (whichever you prefer).
- Place dough into a cookie press and if using a star pattern, press out approximately 3-4 inches of dough.
- Form the strings into circles and decorate with sprinkles and candied cherries.
- Place decorated cookies in a 400 degree oven for 7-8 minutes.