Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the frosting for the NUTTY CREAM CHEESE CAKE that I posted.
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Cream together butter, cream cheese and confectioners sugar, add milk last.
- Add enough milk to make creamy (1 or 2 tablespoons) according to how creamy you want your frosting.
- Brown pecans in 3 TBLspoons of butter.
- Frost between each layer and sprinkle with browned nuts.
- Frost side of cake and pat on remaining nuts.
- Frost top of cake.
- NOTE: Use this on the NUTTY CREAM CHEESE CAKE.
Very, very good, Lali. Butter cream frostings are my favorite, and this stands out as one of the best. A word of caution, though. I frosted the sides with too much and, consequently, the pecans did not want to stay, but tended to droop because of the weight! Will know better next time! I used this with a butter pecan boxed cake mix. Will probably try your cake, next time. Thnx for posting your recipe, Lali.