1 hr 16 mins
This recipe from Martha Stewart produces a slice-and-bake cookie with a tight crumb that immediately falls apart into deliciousness in your mouth. Try it! I also think this would work well with other nuts, like pecans. A great cookie recipe for the holiday season. You can make the dough ahead of time and freeze it until you want to use it. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 -1 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (like kosher salt)
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese (not whipped)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups walnut halves (1 1/2 cups toasted and coarsely chopped, 1 cup finely chopped)
- 1Whisk together flour and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2Mix butter and cream cheese on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in sugar and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, and mix until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in toasted walnuts.
- 3Transfer dough to a work surface. Divide in half; shape each half into an 8 1/2-inch long log about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap each log in parchment paper; freeze until firm, about 30 minutes or up to 2 weeks.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 with racks in upper and lower thirds. Unwrap 1 log, and roll in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, coating completely. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Space 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- 5Bake cookies, rotating halfway through, until golden around edges, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Repeat with remaining log and remaining 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Walnut Refrigerator Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1700 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 60.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g