Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This came from Easy Delicious Breakfast.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg, separated
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- fresh fruit (optional)
- flavored yogurt (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the cream cheese and egg yolk mixture. Add egg yolk mixture all at once. Stir just until combined but still slightly lumpy.
- In a small mixing bowl beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg white into flour and egg yolk mixture, leaving a few fluffs of egg white in the batter. Do not overmix.
- Pour half of the batter onto grid of a preheated, lightly greased waffle iron. Close lid quickly; do not open during baking. Bake according to directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid.
- Repeat with remaining batter. If desired, top with fresh fruit and yogurt.